»

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Still Know Nothing....

I just returned from a trip to San Antonio. I was privileged to be able to guild (gold leaf) the sign in front of the San Antonio Temple. It was a great week! Everything went well and I learned a new skill. I've been at this for 7 years and still know nothing!


It is always a wonderful experience when I get to work at a temple. Everyone is so kind to me. A BIG thank-you goes out to the Fike's who put up with me!


I found some really great brushes in San Antonio to replace mine (which are falling apart). These letters were about 8 inches tall and maybe 1 inch deep.


It turned out pretty, if I say so myself. This was the only time I got to see the finished product. I left shortly after and I was tented in so I didn't get rained on and the breeze didn't blow the gold away. 265 leaves of gold equal 1 thickness of a sheet of paper.

1 comments:

Delisa Hargrove said...

Jennifer, you are so great at this!! i've loved every minute i could "help" you!!! thanks!