»

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The dress...



At age five Santa brought Alex a "Look Alike" doll with matching dresses. No matter how much begging and pleading I did I couldn't get Alex to put on the matching dress. (I'm SURE it cost the elves a lot of money to make those matching dresses!) But it never happened. So they got tucked away for a better day. Well, eleven years later (this xmas) when cleaning out a trunk I found the doll and dresses. I said, "Oh, Alex! Look! I found your doll and matching dresses! What a beautiful dress, I suppose I could give it to Kelsi to wear! (I just know she would LOVE it! Especially how much it cost those elves to make it!) Well, Alex said, "Are you kidding me! That was the biggest, ugliest, pilgrim dress I'd ever seen! In fact it is so big I bet it would STILL fit me!" Then she disappeared and showed up a few minutes later with the dress on and it did fit. FINALLY! She is wearing the dress! I can get pictures! I've been waiting eleven long years! Maybe she really liked it after all! (you know the cost and everything!) But my enthusiasm was short lived when Cole came walking in the house and said, "That is the sickest thing I've ever seen!" Oh well, guess I'll tuck it away for a better day!

0 comments: